Michael R. Garfinkel
Consultant <Senior Developer/> at Slalom Consulting
My Work at Slalom Consulting
Beverage Industry Fortune 500 Client in St. Louis Dec 2016 – Apr 2017
The company specializes in the production and distribution of beer and non-beer products. They had a need to replace their current application on oracle built in 1999 to the salesforce platform. The work revolved implementing an application that allowed consumers of the application to enter financial details as well as be able to view reports that compared their data against other consumers in an anonymized way.
- Worked across multiple work streams to ensure delivery including reporting, data entry, and integration.
- Handled code review and architectural design for all code being developed out with the application as well as managing, at the projects peak, 5 developers.
- Worked closely with the Business to understand requirements and manage scope.
- Setup communication plans and documents to outline team and client communications.
- Delivered Technical documentation to allow for ease of development in future changes in the application.
- Worked closely with the Technical Review Board at the client to ensure that all technical requirements were being met throughout the development cycle as my duty as a Solution Architect.
- Dug into the original code base and SQLs to determine application functionality and requirements.
Property Management Firm in Phoenix Dec 2016 – Mar 2017
Property management firm needed the development and rollout of a new scheduling console for properties that needed to be prepped for renting. Coordinators needed to be able to access the application in order to assign technicians to repair and prep tasks at the property site.
- Assisted in the Salesforce architecture implemented under the projects phase of development as well as managed a junior developer on the team.
- Handled Code Review and provided assistance in ensuring clean readable and efficient code.
- Implemented the full calendar library to handle technician schedules.
Beverage Industry Client in Toronto Summer 2016
The company, owned by a Fortune 500 Beverage Company, specialized in production and distribution of beer including their parent brands. The goal was the implementation of a POC (Point of Consumption) Management system to allow reps to be able to plan out spend against POCs.
- Developed out an application that allowed reps to shop items for their POCs. Implementing complex item packages and inventory systems to meet business Requirements.
- Setup and maintained an ad-hoc continuous integration system to provide faster development and better testing for the project. The system allowed for the final production ready code to easily be packaged up and sent to the client.
Fortune 500 Insurance Industry Client in Chicago October Oct 2015 – Aug 2016
The company specialized in insurance with a focus in the Auto Industry. The project revolved around replacing the company's billing & payment system, an aging AS400 system, utilizing Salesforce and FinancialForce Accounting.
- Helped to develop technical solutions that worked to integrate the B&P (Billing and Payments) system with existing business functions currently in Salesforce.
- Handled code review and architecture review of code submitted by junior members on the team utilizing client standards and requirements to ensure high quality code that conformed to existing code in the system.
- Maintained a strong focus on reusability and highly tested code during code development.
- Worked with the business and accounting to help transform business requirements into technical ones.
- Developed a framework that tied into the client continuous integration platform providing unit testing for areas of their code base that had up till that point lacked any form of testing in the past.